Volunteering gives you a chance to be a part of something you love.
We offer a variety of opportunities, and the best part is anyone can do it!
We have so many amazing things going on here at Action Point that we are sure we will have an opportunity that is right up your street!
- Volunteer befrienders
- Admin & Reception
- Day service support volunteers
- Kitchen support
- Mentors/buddies for adults with a learning disability
- IT/Web design & social media
- Retail/charity shop volunteers
- Performers, craftspersons & guest speakers
If you share our drive and determination to make a difference to the lives of others - get in touch!
- Out of pocket expenses
- Support from our friendly team
- DBS (if required for the role).
What you can gain:
- New skills & work experience
- Enhanced CV
- Sense of achievement
- New friends
- Improved mental and physical wellbeing
Call: 01535 609506 for more information.
Looking for something different?
If you are interested in volunteering but haven't found what you are looking for, don't worry we can still help!
Action Point & our partners at Volunteering Bradford offer a volunteering brokerage service across the Bradford district.
Our Volunteer Centre Services support people who are interested in volunteering and are a great place to start looking for volunteering opportunities in your local area.
If you can spare an hour a month, or more, then why not get in touch and see if you can volunteer your time or skills to help out in a rewarding role of your choice?
Finding a role is easy
Finding a volunteer role couldn't be easier! you can either search online via our volunteering portal Volunteer Plus, or arrange to call in and speak to a friendly volunteer advisor.
What happens when I contact the centre?
- You will be offered a confidential one to one interview with a friendly volunteer advisor.
- You will be asked to register, and then we will find you a suitable role that matches your interests and availability.
- Information on volunteering opportunities can also be provided over the phone, by email or by post - it's up to you.
- Once you start your placement we will contact you to see how you are getting on and ask you for your feedback.
We also offer a supported volunteering service for adults who have a learning disability. Click this link to find out more.
Frequently asked Questions
How can we help?
We can provide you with up to date information about current volunteering vacancies in your area.
What is a volunteer?
A person who gives their time freely to a worthwhile cause.
There are lots of benefits to volunteering including giving something back to your local community, enhancing career prospects, gaining skills and experience, meeting new people and making friends.
Who can volunteer?
Everyone has a right to volunteer, regardless of race, religion, age, sexuality, background or political beliefs. We aim to create a resource of volunteers who reflect the diversity of our community.
How much time do I have to give?
You can give as much or as little time as you like. It could be a couple of hours per week or several days, it all depends on how much time you have available.
Will I get my expenses paid?
Most organisations will reimburse out of pocket expenses. This includes bus or train fares and mileage costs. Many places will also reimburse lunch costs if you work over four hours per day.
© Action Point 2022 | Registered Charity No: 1090144